September 7, 2007

I was reminded that it is indeed September when I went to pick up my CSA box last night. A true sign of September is to be able to buy corn and tomatoes and squash all together - and they all taste great since they are still in season. This is my favorite time of the year because of all the late summer produce that is still in abundance.

Here's another crappiest-blog-photo award contender! (Really, I don't know how people take the beautiful shots they do. Plus? It's really time consuming!)

Those are nectarines on the right! They totally look like apples - can't wait to try them.

And, yes people - The Omnivore's Dilemna is now in paperback. This is the book that really sent me over the edge as far as trying to eat local. If you are wondering what all the fuss is about, this is where to start. If you have never read any of his books, Michael Pollan is an amazing writer. He keeps you engaged in a subject matter that is often technical and dry (politics!).  I can't recommend this book any more strongly!

No comments: