- Our kids are like little gorillas at the rate they plow through fruit.
- It's mid-April, which means the fruit selection is only going to get better and better.
- The fruit comes from Frog Hollow Farm - unbeatable quality.
- My husband finally finished reading The Omnivore's Dilemna (2 years late) and is really on board with the eat local movement!
- I'm sick of trying to decide between the organic grapes flown in from Chile or the pesticide-laden stuff from nearby.
April 15, 2008
We bit the bullet and signed up for a fruit CSA. I say 'bit the bullet'...because it seems FAR from economical. $20 for a 5 lb box! So, why did we do it?
I picked up our first box tonight, and inside was:
2 navel oranges
2 avocados (oooh...tricky!)
1 tomato (in April! and ripe!)
The variety was definitely there, but the quantity is just, well, quaint. I'm pretty sure we'll keep it going through the summer, though. I know that cherries will be coming in about 6 weeks...and then there are those peaches.....